Many thanks for you interest in volunteering with Equine Learning & The Centaurus Trust (registered charity number 1133212). As community organisations we would not be always able to provide our therapeutic work without people generously donating their time and skills. We very much appreciate you visiting this page and we look forward to hearing from you.
We have the following volunteer opportunities available:
Volunteering with therapeutic sessions - helping with horses and / or helping with children
- Thursday Inspiring Riders 4pm to 7pm
- Friday Inspiring Riders 4pm to 7pm
- Sunday Horse Boy Play Date 9:30am to 12:30pm
- Various opportunities during the school holidays with camps and fun days
Inclusive Pony Club
- Tuesday Home Ed Group 12:30pm to 3:30pm
- Saturday Pony Club 9:30am to 1pm
- Pony Club Admin
Horse Care and Exercise
- Adults - Monday to Friday morning yards, afternoon yards and horse excercise
- Young Volunteers (16+ - younger teenagers considered on application) weekend and school holiday opportunities
- Please note: we do not have any volunteer placements available which just involve riding with no contribution to the horse care
Fundraising and Admin
- We always need help with fundraising, general admin and organising events
- Pony Club and Dressage Club admin.
Working Student Volunteers
- Opportunities for people looking to gain experience in therapeutic horsemanship
- One to five days per week long-term or short-term
- Residential opportunities from 3 months to 12 months.
Full training is given to all volunteers and we are happy to provide references and assist with Duke of Edinborough volunteer placements. We ideally offer placements to adult volunteers, and young volunteers aged 16+, however we will consider responsible volunteers from age 14. If you would like to apply for a volunteer placement please fill in and submit the form below and we will be in touch with more information.